Venue: Council Chamber - Civic Offices. View directions
Contact: A Hendry, Democratic Services (Direct Line 01992 564243) Email: email@example.com
1. This meeting is to be webcast. Participants are reminded of the need to activate their microphones before speaking.
2. The Chairman will read the following announcement:
“I would like to remind everyone present that this meeting will be broadcast live to the internet (or filmed) and will be capable of repeated viewing (or another use by such third parties).
If you are seated in the lower public seating area it is likely that the recording cameras will capture your image and this will result in the possibility that your image will become part of the broadcast.
This may infringe your human and data protection rights and if you wish to avoid this you should move to the upper public gallery.”
The Chairman made a short address to remind everyone present that the virtual meeting would be broadcast to the internet and would be capable of repeated viewing, which could infringe their human and data protection rights.
Declarations of Interest
To declare interests in any item on this agenda.
There were no declarations of interest made pursuant to the Council’s Members’ Code of Conduct.
To note the adopted procedure for the conduct of business by the Sub-Committee.
The Sub-Committee noted the agreed procedure for the conduct of business and the Terms of Reference.
To consider the review of the premises licence for the Gardeners Arms, 103 York Hill, Loughton.
The three Councillors that presided over this application were Councillors R Morgan (Chairman), P Keska and A Lion.
The Chairman welcomed Nicki Glasscock, representing the Council’s Environment Enforcement section who brought the review. Also, in attendance in support of the review was G Grant, Barrister on behalf of some of the neighbours in support of the review along with D Wood, L Saggers, C A Connor, G Martin (Hills Amenity Society) and Judith Walker (LRA Plans Group). As objectors to the review were Andy Newman (Licensing Agent for the premises), P Roberts (Licence Holder), T Roberts (Previous DPS), L Walker (current DPS), D Craig, Barrister for the Premises, P Spratt, and A Mitchell.
Also in attendance was County Councillor Chris Pond and C Carroll representing the Ei Group Ltd. who hold a Notification of Interest on the premises.
The Chairman introduced the Members and officers present and outlined the procedure that would be followed for the determination of the application.
(a) Application before the Sub-Committee
The Licensing Manager, D King, informed the Sub-Committee that an application had been made for a review of a premises licence by the Community Resilience Team at Epping Forest District Council on 25th February 2022 in respect of a Premises Licence issued to The Gardeners Arms, 103 York Hill, Loughton, IG10 1RX. The application was seeking to add the following conditions to the Premises Licence:
· No music to be played outside;
· Outside areas to be cleared of customers by 21:00;
· After 21:00 people only to be outside for smoking. A maximum of 6 people outside smoking at any one time;
· A written dispersal policy shall be in place and implemented at the premises to move customers from the premises and the immediate vicinity in such a way as to cause minimum disturbance or nuisance to the neighbours;
· The dispersal policy must be agreed in writing with the Community Resilience Team and subject to regular review (minimum 6 monthly intervals);
· Members of staff are to ask customers sat on the terraced area who are excessively loud (shouting, yelling or screaming) to be mindful of neighbouring residential properties;
· Signage to be displayed at exits to the premises and external areas asking customers to be considerate of residents and to keep nuisance to a minimum.
The review application also sought to remove Ms Tracy Roberts as the Designated Premises Supervisor. However, the Licensing Sub-Committee were advised that subsequent to the application for review being submitted, the Licensing Authority received an application to vary the Designated Premises Supervisor. This application has been granted and the Designated Premises Supervisor was now Ms Laura Walker.
The Sub-Committee may also wish to note that the licensing agent, instructed on behalf of the licence holder, has confirmed his client’s willingness to formally accept all the conditions proposed in the review application.
The application to review relates to the prevention of public nuisance licensing objective. The grounds for review were set out in the application and supporting documents in the agenda.
The Licensing Authority ... view the full minutes text for item 64.