Part A - Forward Diary
Key to abbreviations:
Other venues are shown in full.
Currently meetings are subject to change, postponement or cancellation.
Many meetings will be held virtually but Democratic Services will advise arrangements for individual meetings.
Part B - Essential Information
New Process for raising IT issues
1. Members should raise IT issues by contacting Member Contact via email at MemberContact@eppingforestdc.gov.uk. Minimum information required; a full detailed explanation of the symptoms, preference for contact details, an appropriate time for IT to contact, and any screenshots of the issues experienced (if appropriate).
2. Member Contact will raise the incident on behalf of the member with the ICT service desk by telephoning the ICT service desk on internal extension 4888 or external 01992564888.
3. The Service Desk member will create an incident on behalf of the Member, with the full details. Please note that there may-be occasions when further information is required in order for the service desk to progress the ticket, In this instance the service desk will advise and support Member Contact and postpone the progress of the ticket until the appropriate information is provided.
4. IT will then accept ownership of the issue and create a ticket. During the lifecycle of the ticket there maybe be occasions where further information and collaboration is needed with the members directly, ICT will contact the member directly at the stipulated time on the appropriate number provided in the ticket. Updates on the Tickets will be emailed directly to the member reporting the issue.
5. In the event that IT have attempted to reach the member on 2 separate occasions and are unable to make contact the ticket will be resolved and escalated to MemberContact@eppingforestdc.gov.uk. Member Contact or the Member will then have 10 days to reach out to the service desk in order to re-open the ticket and resolve the issue.
6. Members are still able to raise tickets directly via the service desk by telephoning the ICT service desk on internal extension 4888 or external 01992564888.
7. Any IT issues being reported to Democratic Services will be emailed to MemberContact@eppingforestdc.gov.uk
Use of Council email address
This is a polite reminder that when undertaking Council business, you must only use your Council email address due to GDPR legislation.
If you are experiencing issues with accessing your Council email account, please following the new process to raise IT issues so our ICT Team can assist.
Please be aware that all Member queries should be logged using https://eppingforestdc-self.achieveservice.com/service/Member_Contact as this will ensure that your query or question is properly logged and chased up if you have not received a response within 5 days.
Modern.Gov App Tutorial
A video tutorial is available from Civica on YouTube for using the Modern.Gov iOS app. The video is approximately 12 minutes long and can be accessed via the following link:
Modern.Gov new iOS App Tutorial = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F23xhEdH5vc
Committee Management System
The members’ extranet facility for the Modern.Gov system is available at:
Members may wish to save this link on their computer or mobile devices. Queries concerning login and password details for the extranet should be raised using the ‘New Process for Raising IT Issues’ outlined above on the previous page.
The Council’s Constitution is available at:
Queries concerning the Constitution should be addressed to Democratic Services.
ECC Highways Portal
Up to date details of all Highways work is available at:
Part C - General Information
External Scrutiny - Local Mental Health Services for Young People
Sarah Garner will be attending the next meeting of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee on 15-Apr-21 to give a short presentation on Local Mental Health Services for Young People. As Members will remember, this arose out of the external Scrutiny of Local Mental Health Services for Adults undertaken earlier in the municipal year. To that end, could I ask Members to let me know of any issues that they would like to raise in advance of the meeting (by email please) so that I can brief Ms Garner. The issue of “how apparent mental health concerns amongst local students could be referred to service providers by primary and secondary schools in the Epping Forest District, and how quickly such referrals could expect to be assessed” is already on the list.
Members should also note that Ms Garner is the Assistant Director for the Southend, Essex & Thurrock Children & Young Peoples Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health Collaborative and that the current contract is Essex-wide. Therefore, Ms Garner will be able to update Members on what is available in West Essex, but not specifically Epping Forest, although the District does form part of the West Essex region.
(Further Information: Gary Woodhall Ext 4470)
None this week
Licensing Act 2003
Please be advised that the Licensing Unit has received the following application for Street Trading Consent Renewal:
Please ensure that any comments/objections are received by the Licensing team on or before the consultation end date.
Manager Kim Tuckey 01992 564034
Licensing Officer Peter Jones 01992 564721
None this week.
The notification of decisions taken by individual Portfolio Holders is no longer included in the Council Bulletin.
All members of the Council receive automatic email notification of the publication of each individual Portfolio Holder decision and the call-in period for each decision commences immediately. Members wishing to call-in a decision should complete the attached call-in form and return it to Democratic Services before the expiry of five working days following the publication date of the decision. Members should refer to the Constitution (Article 6 - Overview and Scrutiny) for the rules of call-in.