Part A - Forward Diary
Key to abbreviations:
Other venues are shown in full.
Currently meetings are subject to change, postponement or cancellation.
Many meetings will be held virtually but Democratic Services will advise arrangements for individual meetings.
Part B - Essential Information
New Process for raising IT issues
1. Members should raise IT issues by contacting Member Contact via email at MemberContact@eppingforestdc.gov.uk. Minimum information required; a full detailed explanation of the symptoms, preference for contact details, an appropriate time for IT to contact, and any screenshots of the issues experienced (if appropriate).
2. Member Contact will raise the incident on behalf of the member with the ICT service desk by telephoning the ICT service desk on internal extension 4888 or external 01992564888.
3. The Service Desk member will create an incident on behalf of the Member, with the full details. Please note that there may-be occasions when further information is required in order for the service desk to progress the ticket, In this instance the service desk will advise and support Member Contact and postpone the progress of the ticket until the appropriate information is provided.
4. IT will then accept ownership of the issue and create a ticket. During the lifecycle of the ticket there maybe be occasions where further information and collaboration is needed with the members directly, ICT will contact the member directly at the stipulated time on the appropriate number provided in the ticket. Updates on the Tickets will be emailed directly to the member reporting the issue.
5. In the event that IT have attempted to reach the member on 2 separate occasions and are unable to make contact the ticket will be resolved and escalated to MemberContact@eppingforestdc.gov.uk. Member Contact or the Member will then have 10 days to reach out to the service desk in order to re-open the ticket and resolve the issue.
6. Members are still able to raise tickets directly via the service desk by telephoning the ICT service desk on internal extension 4888 or external 01992564888.
7. Any IT issues being reported to Democratic Services will be emailed to MemberContact@eppingforestdc.gov.uk
Use of Council email address
This is a polite reminder that when undertaking Council business, you must only use your Council email address due to GDPR legislation.
If you are experiencing issues with accessing your Council email account, please following the new process to raise IT issues so our ICT Team can assist.
Please be aware that all Member queries should be logged using https://eppingforestdc-self.achieveservice.com/service/Member_Contact as this will ensure that your query or question is properly logged and chased up if you have not received a response within 5 days.
Modern.Gov App Tutorial
A video tutorial is available from Civica on YouTube for using the Modern.Gov iOS app. The video is approximately 12 minutes long and can be accessed via the following link:
Modern.Gov new iOS App Tutorial = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F23xhEdH5vc
Committee Management System
The members’ extranet facility for the Modern.Gov system is available at:
Members may wish to save this link on their computer or mobile devices. Queries concerning login and password details for the extranet should be addressed to the Democratic Services Manager.
The Council’s Constitution is available at:
Queries concerning the Constitution should be addressed to the Democratic Services Manager
ECC Highways Portal
Up to date details of all Highways work is available at:
Part C - General Information
Please see attached.
Following the last meeting of the Communities Select Committee on 29 March 2021, members were informed of the Essex Police Local Updates - Spring Newsletters. The newsletters have been split into the relevant areas of the District and have been attached for your reference.
Countrycare's Spring Wildlife Walk
If you want to meet family and friends for a walk over the next few weeks then why not try this
This Spring Wildlife Walk is the ideal opportunity to meet up with friends and family and enjoy the countryside and wildlife that surrounds us.
Karen Murray and Damien Weller from the Countrycare Team at Epping Forest District Council put together this self-guided circular walk of about 3miles (4.83km) long for the Festival of Culture. The route takes you around Waltham Abbey gardens, Dragonfly Sanctuary and Cornmill meadows goes through various habitats consisting of flooded grassland, ponds, rivers and some of the site is designated as a site of Special Scientific interest.
We also have some interesting historical facts about the local area and what wildlife to look out for including clues to mammals that have walked the path before you .
Click on the link below to find out more and down load a copy of the route.
(Further information: Karen Murray ext 4222, 07789372196 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
None this week
Licensing Act 2003
None this week
1. Appeals Lodged
EPF/2153/20 – The Old School House School Lane High Laver CM5 0EE - Retrospective - Detached buildings including, car port, shed, hard standing areas, driveway and other parahenalia to create home gym, art studio and games room – Written reps – Caroline Brown ext. 4182
EPF/2627/19 – New Barns Farm Roding Lane Chigwell IG7 6BJ - Proposed detached dwelling house adjacent to the bungalow – Written Reps – Marie-Claire Tovey ext. 4414
2. Forthcoming Planning Inquiries/Hearings -
13th April 2021 -EPF/2905/19 and EPF/0379/20 Epping Forest College Sites Redevelopment of the site to provide x 139 no. residential units in 3 buildings ranging from 3-5 storeys, car parking spaces, communal landscaped amenity areas, secure cycling parking & other associated development and
Redevelopment of the site to provide 285 residential dwellings (Use Class C3) in a series of blocks ranging from 2 to 5 storeys in height, a new Wellness Centre (Use Class D1), creation of a new public park, car parking, communal landscaped amenity areas, secure cycle parking and other associated - – Virtual Inquiry –
23 April 2021 – The Old Waterworks Green Lane Nazeing EN10 6RS – Planning and Enforcement appeal - Without planning permission the conversion of a former stable and the erection of an extension to stable to facilitate unauthorised change of use of the land from agricultural to residential – Virtual Hearing
27th April 2021 - Billingsbourne Barn (land beyond) Millers Lane Chigwell IG7 6FG - Certificate of Lawful Development for existing works of conversion carried out at land formerly known as Billingbourne Barn (land beyond), Millers Lane, Chigwell IG7 6FG
(a) fall within the provisions of Schedule 2, Part 3 Paragraph Q.2(1) of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2105 (GPDO) for the change of use of the agricultural building to a dwelling house (Class C3); and
(b) are in accordance with the prior approval granted by Inspector Emerson on 16th February 2016 under appeal reference number APP/J1535/W/15/137417 – Virtual Public Inquiry
EPF/0695/19 - Langley and Mile Nurseries Crooked Mile, Waltham Abbey EN9 2ER - Outline planning application for a residential development comprising up to x 52 no. dwellings (including 40% affordable housing) with vehicular access from Crooked Mile, associated open space, children's play area and ancillary works- date to be arranged
EPF/2790/20 –Land North of Heathlands Willingale Road Ongar CM5 0QH -
Change of use of land for the creation of 9 Gypsy/Traveller pitches comprising the siting of 1 mobile home, 1 touring caravan, and the erection of 1 utility building per pitch – Mo Rahman ext. 4415 – Public Inquiry - Date to be arranged
EPF/1649/17 – White Rose Curtis Mill Lane Stapleford Abbotts RM3 1HS – Re determination appeal by new Inspector- date to be arranged
3. Enforcement Appeals
None this week
4. Appeal Decisions
EPF/1621/19 – Station House 114 High Road Chigwell IG7 6NT - Demolition of existing buildings and erection of x 6 no. residential units alongside associated access, open space, landscaping and parking – Dismissed
EPF/2283/20 – Ashlyns Barn Ashlyns Lane Ongar CM5 0NB - Demolition of outbuildings and transferal of built footprint to enlarge the approved garage outbuilding ref: EPF/0229/20, together with new dormer windows and minor aesthetic amendments – Dismissed
5. Tree Preservation Orders
None this week
6. S106 Agreements
None this week
7. Changes to Planning Systems
None this week
The notification of decisions taken by individual Portfolio Holders is no longer included in the Council Bulletin.
All members of the Council receive automatic email notification of the publication of each individual Portfolio Holder decision and the call-in period for each decision commences immediately. Members wishing to call-in a decision should complete the attached call-in form and return it to Democratic Services before the expiry of five working days following the publication date of the decision. Members should refer to the Constitution (Article 6 - Overview and Scrutiny) for the rules of call-in.