(Susan Lewis) To consider the attached report regarding an update on the Customer Strategy and ‘What our customers are telling us’.
The Service Manager- Customer Services, S Lewis gave an update on the Customer Strategy and customer feedback which was contained within the agenda of the report.
The Committee asked questions and made comments on the following points.
· Did the Contact centre have a recommended acceptable wait time to answer calls? The Service Manager- Customer Services advised that there was not a set time, although recently the wait time had been increased due to issues with the waste collections service. The Service Director – Customer Services advised that the current wait times were 5 minutes 30 seconds. Furthermore, that the Council was working both on the technical issues as well as the council response to customers.
· What information had been given to residents about the waste collections issues? The Service Manager- Customer Services advised that Biffa gave daily updates to the Council who then passed this information onto the contact centre.
· Had a record been kept of where the user of the Epping Community hub had travelled from? The Service Manager- Customer Services advised that all users were asked to complete a survey which collect this information.
· The Council should remember that not all residents had access or wanted to use digital methods to contact the Council. The Customer Services Portfolio Holder advised that the Council aimed to get 80% of the digitally able residents using the online methods so that officers could focus on the other 20% of residents.
· Could the council claim back the costs associated with the waste issue from the provider? The Service Director – Customer Services advised that this had been raised in discussion with the provider.
· Had the process changed for the way members report issues? The Service Manager- Customer Services advised that she was not aware of any changes although a Members Portal had been created. This could be found on the Council’s website and provided members with useful information all in one place.
· It was requested that if the Council had any major issues such as the waste collection problems, members should be briefed so that they were able to advise residents, if contacted directly.
· Could clarity be provided on the number of visitors in August to the Epping Community Hub. The Service Director - Customer Services advised that the Community Hub provided several services which had been brought together to create a flexible response for tenants and he would ensure more detailed data would be provided to members at the next meeting.
· Members to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – It should be noted that not all devices were compatible with the council’s systems, which would need to be resolved before this was rolled out to members.
· That response emails should be automatically provided to residents when they had completed a form, to prevent residents reporting the issues again. The Service Manager- Customer Services advised that officers were working towards an automated response for all contact forms. This would be part of the back office customer journey mapping.
· The Housing and Community Portfolio Holder advised that the idea would be to recreate the Community Hub in other areas in the district in a similar form or as pop ups across the district, but the Council needed to be sure what services were required and when and where they would be of most use.
1. That the Committee noted the update on the Customer Service Strategy and feedback from residents.
2. That the Customer Service Manager would raise the problems that Members were experiencing with their own and/or council devices being compatible with the Council’s systems.