Parish and Town Councils

Fyfield Parish Council

Description

Logo for

Fyfield is a small historic settlement whose exact beginnings are lost in the mists of time. The name itself comes from the Saxon word Fyfe, which means five, and Hyde that is the amount of land an able-bodied man could reasonably be expected to plough in a day with a good team of oxen. Historically, the first mention of the village is in the Doomsday Book of 1086.

 

The village is to the north of Ongar and is a mainly agricultural area. Many of the buildings in the parish are of great historical interest, in particular the church, Lampetts and Fyfield Hall, which is the oldest of three manor houses in Fyfield.

Contact information

Contact:
Derek Farr
Clerk

Address: 
60 St Michaels Drive
Roxwell
Essex
CM1 4NU

Website:  www.essexinfo.net/fyfield-parish-council/

Epping Forest District Council is not responsible for the content of any external link

Membership