Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider the Counsel advice on stock-take of current position.
(1) That the need for a meeting with the relevant Minister to discuss the future preparation of the Gypsy and Traveller DPD be agreed;
(2) That the draft letter tabled at the meeting be sent to the relevant Minister prior to the meeting, subject to the following additions:
(a) generation of the Local Development Framework was not proving quicker than the old Local Plan process;
(b) the cost of the Local Development Framework process so far and the total estimated cost; and
(c) the impact of the Local Development Framework process upon the workload of the Forward Planning section;
(3) That, subject to the addition of the above amendments, the draft letter to the Minister be ratified by the Council at its meeting scheduled for 19 January 2010.
(4) That, pending the outcome of further discussions with the Government Office for the East of England (GO-East), preparation of the Gypsy and Traveller Development Plan Document be continued;
(5) That the sites identified within the Options Consultation document not be rejected without formal consideration of the responses;
(6) That Officers be authorised to continue discussions with Counsel and GO-East about prospective sites which were within or in close proximity to settlements; and
(7) That the initial results of the analysis of the consultation responses be noted.
Report author: Ian White
Publication date: 23/12/2009
Date of decision: 04/01/2010
Decided at meeting: 04/01/2010 - Cabinet