Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The Cabinet reviewed and approved the senior management structure proposed by The Head of Paid Service.
(2) The Cabinet noted that the salary points had been arrived at by independent advice regarding the position of salary scales in relation to other neighbouring authorities in Essex and London.
(3) The Cabinet agreed the salary up-lift for senior roles (noting the proposal was within existing establishment). This included an element of performance payment against agreed objectives for the CEO role, with the Leader and Chairman of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee and an Independent Facilitator.A percentage payment on performance will be made on the uplifted part of the salary at 20%. Therefore, on an uplift of £25,000 - 20% performance payment will be £5,000.
(4) The Cabinet noted the timetable for Strategic Director and Chief Operating Officer permanent appointments, firstly through the Member Appointments Panel as defined within the Scheme of Delegation
(5) The Cabinet agreed that the decision over which an external recruitment agency be awarded the tender to source suitable candidates be delegated to the Leader of the Council (as outlined in Appendix 4 of the report for proposed recruitment timeline).
Report author: Georgina Blakemore
Publication date: 07/01/2020
Date of decision: 06/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 06/01/2020 - Cabinet