Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. The Cabinet received and acknowledged the #Your Say survey report and findings undertaken by the Epping Forest Youth Council, supported by the Council’s Community, Culture and Wellbeing service.
2. The Cabinet noted that Service providers worked together to address the increasing pressures on young people’s poor mental health and their concerns about their future educational opportunities;
3. The Cabinet noted that officers would ensure that appropriate work identified as a result of the Survey would fit with and contribute to the Council’s Economic Development – Local Skills and Opportunities project; and
4. The Cabinet noted that the Youth Council would:
· continue the work with the CCG and introduce Youth Council representation on the Citizens Panel (One Health & Care Partnership);
· Continue promotion of youth activities and youth groups via the EFYC Youth Activities Map to encourage motivation and positive mental health and wellbeing;
· Provide training through partnership working for the Youth Council to address the issues raised in the report and signpost young people to relevant services such as bereavement, counselling services and J9 training.
5. The Housing and Community Services Portfolio Holder in conjunction with the Community and Regulatory Services Portfolio Holder and relevant officers explore the above recommendations in order to find the best way to take them forward.
Report author: Vanessa Gayton, Diane Gilson-Butler
Publication date: 22/10/2020
Date of decision: 19/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 19/10/2020 - Cabinet