Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
EFDC’s current Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy reaches end of life in March 2022. A revised strategy is being consulted on and taken through governance structure ahead of formal adoption in April or May 2022 depending on pre-election requirements.
(1) The Cabinet considered and agreed the five proposed priorities and associated themes within the draft Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy 2022 – 2027 at Appendix 1of the report.
(2) The Cabinet considered the findings and approved the publication of the Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Review 2020/21 at Appendix 2 of the report.
(3) The Cabinet considered the findings and approved the publication of the Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Stage 2 Consultation Report at Appendix 3 of the report.
(4) The Cabinet delegated authority to the Portfolio Holder for Housing Services to consider and approve the annual update of the Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy Action Plan.
(5) The Cabinet agreed that the Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy for 2022-2027 be reviewed in the Council year leading up to 2027.
Report author: Jennifer Gould
Publication date: 10/03/2022
Date of decision: 07/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 18/03/2022